Compressed format (.zip or .tar.gz)
Revision control (stable) – These builds roll the latest commits.
svn checkout https://core.svn.wordpress.org/trunk/
git clone git://core.git.wordpress.org/
git clone https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress.git
Revision control (develop) – These repositories contain source code, tools, and tests.
svn checkout https://develop.svn.wordpress.org/trunk/
git clone git://develop.git.wordpress.org/
git clone https://github.com/aaronjorbin/develop.wordpress.git
단위 테스트와 프로파일링
- Trac SVN
- GitHub mirror
- WordPress Handbook – Guide to automated testing
- WP Mock – Unit tests using Mockery
- Theme XML sample data – Official sample data
- WP Test – Additional test/sample data
- Brain Monkey – Mocking utility for PHP functions and WordPress plugin API
- WP Codeception – WordPress integrates for Codeception a PHP testing framework
터미널에서 동작하는 툴
- WP-CLI – The command-line tool for managing WordPress.
- WP-CLI GUI – A GUI for the command line interface for WordPress.
- AnsiPress – The command-line tool for managing WordPress websites on NGINX/PHP7/MariaDB/Google-PageSpeed stack.
- EasyEngine – Python tool to easily manage your WordPress websites with NGINX webserver – supported on Ubuntu and Debian Linux.
- WP-PowerShell – Windows powershell for the WP-CLI
- VimPress – Post to WordPress from Vim
- SublPress – Post to WordPress in Sublime
- wp-composer – Adds Composer dependency management to plugins/themes via WP-CLI.
- WP Stack – Capistrano deploy
- Capistrano-WP – Alternative Capistrano deploy
- Wordmove – Rails gem
- Wp Project Tools – Fabric/Python CLI and automation
- WordPhing – Phing/Php build script
- Yeoman-WordPress – Node, NPM and Ruby
- YeoPress – Yeoman
- Grunt-WP-Plugin – Grunt (node)
- WordPress-Heroku – Installing/running WordPress on Heroku
- Varying Vagrant – Varying Vagrant Vagrants for WP
- VCCW – Vagrant designed for development of WordPress plugins, themes, or websites
- Puppet WordPress – Puppet
- Composerpress – Retroactively creates a composer.json for WP
- Grunt-WP-Deploy – Grunt to deploy a build directory to WordPress SVN
- Bedrock – Gets you started with the best development tools,practices, and project structure
- WPacked – A development starter kit with portability and immediate deployment in mind
- wp-scratch-box – A Vagrant config for WP trainings, workshops, staging environments, …
- Dockerpresso – Docker Compose configuration generator for fast WordPress theme or plugin development.
- Trellis – Trellis uses Vagrant to automatically create a self-contained virtual machine.
- Wocker – Wocker is a local WordPress development environment. Since it’s based on Docker, it takes just 3 seconds to create every new installation of WordPress.
- wp-docker A simple Docker based development environment for WordPress.
워드프레스 코드 조각 및 자동완성
- Stupid WordPress Tricks – 코드 공유
- Sublime Text 2
- Sublime Text 3
- Aptana Studio
- Coda 2
- Vim Syntax
- Vim WordPress snippets
- NetBeans WordPress plugin
- Alfred v2 codex function reference
- Sublime Codex – Search the WordPress Codex inside Sublime –PHPStorm integration
- PHPStorm code style
Code sniffers & fixing
- 워드프레스 코딩 표준 핸드북 – The official CSS, HTML, JS and PHP coding standards for WordPress.
- 워드프레스 코딩 표준 – PHP CodeSniffer – enforce WordPress coding conventions.
- Writing a Plugin – 플러그인 작성 공식 문서.
- WP-PhpTidy – Format PHP code so that it conforms to the WordPress Coding Standards.
- PHPCompatibilityWP – A WP-ified version of the PHPCompatibility PHP CodeSniffer ruleset to test your code for PHP cross-version compatibility so you can catch those non-PHP 5.2 compatible syntaxes early.
- JSHint Config – JS hint 공식 설정.
Nginx – Configuration for running WordPress
WordPress-Skeleton – Basic layout of a WordPress Git repository
WordPress Java – Java xmlrpc interface of WordPress
WP.NET – WordPress compiled to .NET, yes this exists.
WordPress Packagist – Mirror of the wp.org theme and plugin repositories for use with Composer.
Database Search & Replace script – Easily search & replace data in a WP database. Fully supports handling of serialized strings. Especially useful when migrating a site to another domain/from test to production. Full docs.
WP Migrate DB – Migrates your database by running find & replace on URLs and file paths, handling serialized data, and saving an SQL file.
Plugins that help with debugging
Debug Bar extensions
- Debug Bar Actions and Filters Addon – 현재 요청에 대한 실행된 action hook 목록과 action 과 filter에 연결된 모든 콜백 표시.
- Debug Bar Action Hooks – 실행된 hook 목록 표시.
- Debug Bar Console – PHP/MySQL console to the debug bar.
- Debug Bar Constants – List all WP and PHP constants.
- Debug Bar Cron – 예약된 이벤트 표시.
- Debug Bar Custom Info – Output custom debug info just like
- Debug Bar Extender – Adds profiler and extra tools.
- Debug Bar List Script & Style Dependencies – Shows scripts/styles loaded for the current page & dependencies.
- Debug Bar Localization – Shows information about the locale of the WP install, the language files loaded and missing
- Debug Bar Plugin Activation – Display output generated during plugin activation, deactivation and uninstall routines.
- Debug Bar Post Meta – Lists the post meta data for the current post.
- Debug Bar Post Types – Detailed information about registered post types settings.
- Debug Bar Query Count Alert – Replace the Debug Bar button text with the database query count and time.
- Debug Bar Query Tracer – Lets you trace what plugins are causing database queries.
- Debug Bar Remote Requests – Log and profile remote requests made through the HTTP API.
- Debug Bar Rewrite Rules – Displays the current rewrite rules for the site.
- Debug Bar Roles and Capabilities – Shows all WP User roles and associated capabilities.
- Debug Bar Screen Info – Shows screen info of the current admin page.
- Debug Bar Shortcodes – Shows the registered shortcodes, any available information about them and where they are used.
- Debug Bar Sidebars & Widgets – Shows information about the sidebars and widgets on the current page. Integrates with Content Aware Sidebars plugin.
- Debug Bar Slow Actions – Lists the top 100 slowest actions and filters during a page request in WordPress.
- Debug Bar Super Globals – Displays Super Global variables for the current request.
- Debug Bar Taxonomies – Displays detailed information about registered taxonomies.
- Debug Bar Template Trace – Show which template files are loaded for a page.
- Debug Bar Transients – Transient info.
- Debug My Plugin with Debug Bar – A simple way to add your own personal debugging output to Debug Bar.
- PMC Benchmark – Benchmarking plugin to profile slow hooks.
- What Scripts Styles Debug Bar – Display all enqueued scripts and styles.
Debug Bar plugin specific extensions
- Debug Bar bbPress – Displays information about the bbPress runtime.
- Debug Bar Easy Digital Downloads – Displays information of the EDD Cart and EDD Sessions.
- WooCommerce Debug Bar – Adds a WooCommerce debug panel.
Query Monitor and extensions
- Query Monitor – A WordPress plugin for monitoring database queries, hooks, conditionals, HTTP requests, query vars, environment, redirects, and more.
- Query Monitor bbPress & BuddyPress Conditionals – Adds bbPress & BuddyPress functions to the Conditionals panel.
- Query Monitor Checking Variable – Check the value of variables in your code. Outputs to Query Monitor or to the browser console.
- Query Monitor Extend – Lists conditionals for WooCommerce, plus many core constants and paths.
- Query Monitor Flamegraph – Add profiling framegraphs to Query Monitor. Requires the forp PHP extension.
- Query Monitor Included Files – Shows the included files for each page load, along with their component and file size.
- Query Monitor Sage Template – Shows the active Sage template in use.
Query Monitor also transparently supports all Debug Bar add-on plugins.
- Core Control – Lots of core options
- Developer – Quickly get setup
- Debug This – Lot of debug modes
- Debug Objects – Lots of info
- Hook Sniffer – Action and filter sequence
- Log Deprecated Notices – Log outdated functions
- Log Deprecated Notices Extender – Show deprecated notices in the admin toolbar.
- Rewrite Analyzer – Helps dreaded rewrites
- Rewrite Rules Inspector – Straightforward WordPress admin tool for inspecting your rewrite rules
- Rewrite Rule Testing – Unit test your rewrite rules from the WordPress Admin
- BlackBox Debug Bar – Another debug bar
- User Switching – Instant switching between user accounts in WordPress.
- WCM Current Admin Info – Info about current screen, contextual hooks & its globals
- WpDevTool – Development tool for WP to track bugs, manage crons, permalinks, etc.
- WP-Pretty Debug – Pretty var_dumps -links to queryposts.com API
- WP Crontrol – Lets you view and control what’s happening in the WP-Cron system
- Kint Debugger – WordPress wrapper for Kint debugging tool. Integrates with the Debug Bar is present.
- WP PHP Console – Debug WordPress from Chrome Dev Tools console and run your PHP code live from a browser terminal.
- Option Inspector – Inspect and edit options, even serialized ones.
- Time-Stack – WordPress profiling
- P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) – Test your plugins
- XHProf Profiler – Profile plugins and themes using XHProf (Facebook)
- Laps – Light-weight profiling plugin
- What’s running – Lists all files which were loaded (included/required) for the current page request, with file size indicator, in the page footer.
Console Logger Log WP data to Chrome or Firefox
Wp-Debug-Toggle – Toggle wp_debug via CLI
Demo Data Creator – Easily fill a test install with data to test with. Can create demo users, blogs, posts, comments and more.
Fakerpress – Generate tons of complex dummy content
Most of these are PHP classes
- Fields Framework – A framework which can be used by developers to add fields to various areas of the administration panel either manually or using the Visual Builder.
- Plugin Boilerplate / WPPB.io / – Organized, maintainable boilerplate for building plugins
- Object Oriented Plugin Template – WordPress plugins using object-oriented programming practices
- Settings Framework – A framework for the WordPress settings API
- scbFramework – A set of useful classes for faster plugin development
- WordPress Settings API – Another WordPress settings API abstraction class
- WP MVC – MVC framework to create plugins
- Themosis MVC Framework – MVC theme development framework, inspired by Laravel
- DX-Plugin-Base – Base plugin for the WordPress system
- Redux Framework – Theme options framework
- Kirki Toolkit – Theme Options framework using the Customizer
- Pods Framework – Expansive Framework for custom content and fields
- Sanity Framework – OOP plugin framework
- Option Tree – UI Builder, Theme Options, and Meta Boxes
- Vafpress – Admin toolbox framework
- Piklist – Powerful framework with lots of options
- WordPress Cuztom Helper – Quickly register Custom Post Types, Taxonomies, Meta Boxes, Menu Pages and Sidebars
- WordPress Plugin Framework – OOP framework for quickly building WordPress plugins
- WPDK – WordPress Developer Kit – OOP MVC Framework with over 150 new classes and more then 3500 methods to build your plugins
- WordPress Plugin Template – A robust code template for creating a standards-compliant WordPress plugin.
- WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered – The WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered is a complete foundation (without framework with many independent libraries) for building your WordPress plugins. Yeoman Generator available and Grunt & Sass support.
- Widget Boilerplate – Maintainable boilerplate for building widgets
- Widget Helper Class – A class to ease creating Widgets
- Github Updater – WordPress plugin / theme updates via GitHub (and GitHub Enterprise), GitLab
- GitHub Plugin Update – WordPress plugin updates via GitHub
- Update Class – Private and commercial plugin update class
- WP-Plugin-In-Github – Sync WordPress Plugins between Github and WordPress Plugin repository.
- External Update API – Add support for updating themes and plugins via external sources instead of the WordPress.org repos
- Plugin Update Checker – Add support for updating externally hosted plugins via the normal WP update flow. Easiest to be used in combination with WP Update Server which will provide API responses for those plugins similar to the WP.org API expected responses.
GenerateWP – Generate the code for adding taxonomies, post types, sidebars, menus, shortcodes, queries, cron jobs and much more.
Media Manager Class – Integrating the new media manager work-flow into your plugins/themes
WordPress Transients Interface – A WordPress transients interface
Logging Class – A general logging system
Simple History – A logging tool with a pretty GUI. Logs user actions.
WP Session Manager – Session manager for WordPress
WP CoffeeScript – Use CoffeeScript in WordPress
Dynamic Image Resize – Resize images on the fly (like WPThumb/TimThumb but using PHP only)
CleverRules – New way to handle rewrite rules
TGM Plugin Activation – Drop-in class to require and/or recommend plugins for Themes and Plugins (dependency management). You can reference bundled plugins, plugin from the WP repo and externally hosted plugins. See their website for more information.
WP Requirements – A little utility class template to adapt in your plugin project to help you check for WP version, PHP version and PHP extensions before letting users activate a plugin that has minimum requirements.
Auto login – An MU plugin to log in without username and password. A username should be
define()-d in wp-config.
SMTP URI Quickly set up SMTP. "smtp://localhost:2525"
Meta data stuff (custom fields, meta fields, meta boxes, etc)
My-Meta-Box – Class for creating custom meta boxes
Meta Box Plugin – Easily create custom meta boxes
Custom Metaboxes 2 aka CMB2 – WebDevStudios
WpAlchemy – Thin meta framework
SuperCPT CPT and meta box wrapper with icons
WordPress Taxonomies Fields – WordPress taxonomies custom fields
Automattic’s Custom Metadata – Add custom fields to your object types
Custom Meta Boxes – Humanmade’s metaboxes with custom fields that will blow your mind
Field Manager – Fieldmanager is a toolkit for developers to create complex administration screen
Sunrise – New Clarity’s Admin Post Forms & Fields
Developers Custom Fields – Tools for managing custom fields
Simple Fields– Simple Fields
Page Type API – Papi has a different approach on how to work with fields and page types in WordPress.
Theme tools and boilerplate
- Theme Customizer Controls – Custom controls for your theme customizer page
- Kirki Toolkit – Custom controls & API for the Customizer
- Wordless – Haml, Compass and Coffeescript (Ruby)
- Forge – Sass, LESS, and CoffeeScript (Ruby)
- Compass WordPress – Sass
- Grunt-WP-Theme – Grunt Scaffold (node)
- Prometheus Front-end foundation (LESS, wpthumb)
- WordPress Template Base File structure based on several themes and template hierarchy
- Theme-Check – Test your theme and make sure it’s up to spec
- Monster Widget – Provides a quick and easy method of adding all core widgets to a sidebar for testing purposes.
- Timber – Write your theme using Twig templates (similar to Mustache, Handlebars, etc.)
- Cutlass – Develop your theme using Laravel’s Blade Templating Engine
- Sprig – Develop your theme using the Twig Templating Engine (similar to Timber)
If you are looking for theme option frameworks, look above under "Framework stuff".